Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Three.

THREE. Just THREE more sleeps till we board the wonderful ferry, leave Bell Island in the dust (or rather, waves), and escape this great province for TWO WEEKS!!!
Now, my excitement comes not from leaving our home and friends for two weeks, but from GOING TO our home and friends (our other ones) for two weeks. We haven't been home since the first of January. There is much missing going on in my heart.
And then there's the biggest nephew. Picture the cutest 1 year, 9 months, 24 days-year-old human imaginable, and multiply it by 8 kazillion. This is the cuteness that is my nephew. I basically spend my whole vacation taking pictures of him. And they don't even do him justice.
Then there is the littlest nephew. He was born in March, so we have yet to even meet him (other than on Facebook of course). He looks like a little raindrop, and I have a feeling I may, in fact, lose control and chew on those sweet little cheeks while we're home.
(On a sidenote, just in case you're wondering, there is no "medium nephew" who I've neglected to mention because of any lack of cuteness.)

So. Three days.

I'm naturally a, "glass is half empty" kind of gal, so the only problem with this is that as much as I want to get home, as crazy excited as I am to see my family and friends...I actually ENJOY the waiting...it gives me something to look forward to. I beleive most of the enjoyment can be found in anticipation. Now, back to my negative side...this means that the SECOND we set foot into our home town, I start the countdown. It goes something like this:

Jamie (the positive half of our marriage): "Bub, isn't it SO nice to be home?!"
Katie: "SIGH. Yaaaaaah...but now we only have 12 days left" (Pout) "And TOMORROW, we'll
only have ELEVEN days. SIIIIIIGH"
Jamie: "Oh. My. Word."

So my goal for this trip, (OTHER than eating a ridiculous amount of chocolate covered cheesecake bites with my sister, and not falling down the aisle in my brother's wedding) is to simply enjoy.
We'll see how that goes.

1 comment:

  1. Phil, Lindsay and Lucy MillerJune 3, 2009 at 8:29 AM

    Oh, have a great time! I hope you forget all about that countdown and live in the moment!!!

    ReplyDelete