Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Goodbye, precious time...

So here's what I've been thinking. Basically every single day, I spend:
30 minutes waiting for the ferry to the "mainland";
20 minutes ON the ferry to the "mainland";
45 minutes waiting for the ferry back to Bell Island
20 minutes ON the ferry back to Bell Island.

Every work day/sunday (going to church), I spend approximately 2 hours on that dumb ol' boat. That equals 12 hours a week, which means in one year, I've wasted (give or take) 500 hours of my life! That's 500 hours I will NEVER get back! And, I'm here for 3 years! Yikes.
So then I started thinking about all the things I could do with 1500 hours. And I figured that in the 3 years I spend here, I could have:

Made 1500 Apple PB crisp pies;
Memorized the whole Old Testament;
Painted my house red, and then black, and then white. One hundred times.
Made.... many, many, pots of rice.
Earned my Master's degree
Learned how to do math.

I. Am missing out. On so much.

I need thoughts and ideas on how to fill up my waiting. With something of medium importance, somewhere between the pots of rice and the Master's.

2 comments:

  1. hahahaha! Well, you could just keep doing what you already do... call me! Love you sister, see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really is my only thing to do. And I've read every book ever written at LEAST 7000 times each. So really...there's not much else...

    ReplyDelete