Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Bring on the Whites!

                                                                 @ countryliving.com

    It's that time of year again. You know what I mean. The time of year when you get so sick of winter, and all you can think about it how excited you are to start decorating for Spring. No? I guess it's just me then. ALL I can think about right now is WHITE! Every winter I want my cozy, chocolate brown and tan and pale yellow decorating...but now with Spring just months (or weeks??? Sigh...I wish) away, all I can think about are soft whites, grays and blues....all with the appropriate amount of fading and distressing of course :)



                                                                  @ countryliving.com




                                                                    @ decorpad.com



                                                            @ dreamywhite.blogspot.com

  I love this girl's blog! Who says you can't have a fireplace-less mantel? This was my original plan for THIS piece. As it turns out, the problem with antique mantel is that in olden-olden days, folks thought it would be super fun to put a layer on melamine over the first 4 layers of paint...followed, of course, by another 4 layers of paint. This didn't work out so well for me. Someday soon, when I realize that the fireplace-less mantel police will not come after me, I have BIG plans for an oversized, soft-white, lightly distressed mantel.



                                                       @ dreamywhites.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment